Monday, June 15, 2009

My foot story




Hello so some of you have been wondering what happened to my foot from the comments on facebook so I decided to do a post on our blog to give more detail. Well a little over two weeks ago I was at my parents house outside on their deck. My Mom was holding Abby and Abby started wiggling and she looked like she was going to drop so I ran over to where they were and missed the deck step. I fell and my foot rolled under me and then I landed on it squishing it. So the next day I went to have x-rays and it was not broken but very ouchy just the same. They wrapped it in an ace bandage (the second picture), gave me crutches and pain pills perscription with the thought that it would be about a week recovery. Well it's been over two weeks now and I am still not fully recovered but I am better. After two weeks I went back to Kaiser and got a walking shoe so I could limp around better (the first picture). I also wanted to say thank you to everyone who has helped me during this recovery process. Especially my Mom who lent me her wheel chair and shower chair, and my wonderful husband Chris who pushed me around and helped out as much as he could. I am very glad that I am getting better and able to do more things everyday.

5 comments:

Lyndsey said...

So sorry - hope you recover fast. If you need anything, I'd love to help!

Kaija said...

I'm so glad you are on the mend! Remember, I'm only a phone call away and I will do my best to actually answer!

Eliza said...

Ouch ouch ouch. Sprains down right STINK! Physical therapy helped my foot out a lot, but I don't think either of my ankles will ever be as strong as they were pre-sprain(s).

Take it easy, but also try and do some movement to see where your limits are.

The Dixon Gang said...

I'm so sorry!!! Sprains are actually worse than a break, they take longer to heal!!! Ask my sister and she'll confirm :) Hope things are getting better!

The Kelly Family said...

Ouch! I'm sorry about your foot. I hope you get feeling better soon :) On the bright side, try to enjoy the chance to stay off your feet and relax a bit. And if you need anything, please give me a call.