Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Time Out for Women




Hello everybody, this past weekend I had the opportunity to go with my Mom and sister in law Amanda to Fresno for a women's conference called Time out for women. Attached is a picture of Mom and Amanda in front of some flowers at our hotel, Amanda and I being excited with our new cute bags we recieved, and Mom fighting off Amanda or anyone else with her cane. It was a very good experience with music and speakers. The main theme was how we can have a more joy filled life, through living the gospel. Speakers talked about positive thinking skills and knowing when we can change things and when we can only change our reaction to the events. We also got to listen to Kenneth Cope sing, a group called Mercy River, and Nashvile Tribute a band who sang touching songs about Joseph Smith and the pioneer's trek west country style. It got us re-energized spiritually although we were all sleepy when we got home. : )

1 comment:

Eliza said...

How neat! I really wish I could've been there. :o( I've always wanted to go to one of those.