Tuesday, May 13, 2008

April Get Away Trip




Chris and I decided that we needed to have at least one night away from Elizabeth before our next little one comes along. My wonderful parents said that they would watch Elizabeth for us so we were able to get away for a weekend. We left Friday after I got off work and drove to Genoa Nevada to stay at a natural springs resort- David Walleys. My parents have a time share there and so they are able to get discount rates, which is also very nice. The drive was good to with some snow on the mountians as we drove there, and not much traffic. That night we had a nice romantic dinner at Apple Bees, well it was good food. The next day we went to Carson City and Virgina City playing tourists, and it was fun. We were able to tour the Nevada State museum and see the old Washoe club house which was featured in an episode of the TV show Ghost Hunters (one of Chris's favorite shows). We also did some shopping and ate some Nevada chocolate. It was a good trip and we are glad that we took the chance because who knows when we will be able to get away again.

1 comment:

Eliza said...

I am so jealous!! I would love to get away for even one day/night. But we don't have the luxury of awesome grandparents near by.

I'm so glad you were able to get away and spend some much needed couple time together, that is really neat.